Monday, June 11, 2012

Too Fast To Keep Up

I was in the middle of writing a post about how we were home from the hospital and how I was super irritated with having Cataleya on oxygen and monitoring because its a giant pain and I never know if I'm doing it right.

Home Finally

Trying to have some floor time with her 3 machine friends

Before I could proof that post and get it up- we're back in the hospital. Such is life with a cardiac cutie like Cat. Here are my Facebook updates from today. I seriously don't know how anyone stays friends with me on Facebook when all my status updates are about medical stuff that only I care about:

11hrs ago-

"We just can't stay away!"
8hrs ago-
Since we've been home, Cataleya has needed increasingly more oxygen everyday. Last night I was unable to get her oxygen sat where it needed to be even with our highest O2 setting at home. I brought her in and the chest Xray shows more fluid in/around her lungs than last week-mimicking heart failure. She didn't have a temp when we got here, but after an hour or so she was burning up at 102.9- mimicking an infection. So we're back square 1- something's wrong but it could be anything. They were going to send us to the PICU, but later decided she'd be OK on the regular unit. Thank you for keeping C in your thoughts. We appreciate it.

7hrs ago-

Finally getting some rest in the humidification tent
about an hour ago:
Remember when I said Cataleya was burning up at 102.9? Try 104.2 AFTER 2 rounds of Tylenol and a round of Motrin. The Dr said, "She's tricky.." Round 3 of Tylenol through the tube- let's see...

Now:
Temp down to 100 after a cool bath and tylenol #3. We did another chest Xray and some blood gas to double check everything. I think she's perking up though :)

The Cardiologist said she has to be 6 weeks fever free before surgery, so that's cancelled.

Looks like we're in here for a while...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, poor girlie! We'll be praying. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contiue updating FB...we DO care about (and look forward to reading) your medical updates. Your Cardiac Cutie has quite a fan club. If there is ever a need for an official fan club, I volunteer as president ;-)

    Praying that she turns this corner quickly.

    And I owe you a REAL dinner when I get back to Rochester. (We threw out the one I brought you...the recipe was not a keeper)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THinking of you. I know this is an old post, but with Gabe's heart colds freak me out. Our dr said sometimes their bodies can't fight them and a simple cold could land us on the transplant list. He just came down with croup type symptoms last week and we are headed to the dr now.

    Praying for your sweet baby and you daily.

    ReplyDelete