Cataleya had a great 1st birthday. It was in the middle of the week, so she still had to work during the day, with the physical and speech therapists coming to the house to work with her for an hour each.
I don't know that I've mentioned Cat's therapy before, but she has a great team around her to help her continue meeting her milestones and progress to her fullest potential. Right now she receives physical therapy twice/week, speech therapy (they also do feeding therapy) twice/week, and special education twice/month through our county's early intervention program.
In the evening we partied!! We had cake and home made chicken soup (not Cat's favorite, but contains all ingredients she could eat, should the mood strike). She was so cute the whole day and I felt overwhelming awe at the gift we've been given. Cataleya is amazing and I'm so happy to get to be her Mom.
There was a sadness too around the whole day. I was sad her biological family missed it. Thinking about how perfect she is makes me think of what they've lost. I prayed hard that day for her Mom. We both love Cat and I can't living without her. I sent birthday pictures to the agency for her hoping that seeing how happy her baby is would comfort her. I don't know that any pictures we've sent have been picked up, but they are there when she comes for them. I can only anticipate what Cataleya might want me to do to connect to her family of origin and what kind of information she will want as she grows older. As with most parenting decisions, I do my best and pray God uses that to meet Cat's needs.
 |
| Cat went right for her cake |
 |
| Apparently she didn't anticipate the cake not being solid |
 |
She wasn't happy about the frosting on her hand. It certainly wasn't going in her mouth. |
 |
| She tried to kick the cake away, but it backfired and got her even dirtier. |
 |
| She had no other option but to wipe the frosting on the walls |
 |
| Cat was much happier in her post-cake smash bath |
 |
| After she was clean and cozy, she opened her Princess DVD player from Papa |
 |
| She's trying to blog like Mommy |
Happy Birthday Princess!
Oh, what a sweet day for her! I love her face looking at the frosting on her hand. I had similar thoughts about our girl's birth parents on her first birthday, and made sure to get several extra pictures with just the baby (instead of baby + family) to send to them.
ReplyDelete